Your Perfect Fit
YOUR PERFECT FIT
The statistics say 8 out of 10 women are wearing the size bra and in our years of experiences, reality is not far from this.
Discomfort, back pain, unflattering body shape and bras that don't stay put are common problems. Finding the perfect fit will be life changing!
HOW TO PUT YOUR BRA ON
After you hook the back, tilt forward so that your breasts fall naturally into the cups. Place your hand underneath your breasts and "scoop" from under your armpit towards the center into the cups.
Stand up straight and adjust the straps to keep your breasts supported and in place. You should be able to comfortably fit 2 fingers underneath the straps.
You've got cleavage!
You may need to adjust the straps over time as frequent wear or washing may affect the strap placement.
HOW TO TELL IF THE BRA FITS
They dig in.
Why? The straps may be too tight.
Quick fix: Loosen the straps.
They slip off.
Why? The straps may be too loose.
Quick fix: Tighten the straps.
Comfortable against the shoulders.
It digs in.
Why? The underband may be too small.
Quick fix: Try a larger underband size.
It rides up my back.
Why? The underband may be too large.
Quick fix: Try a smaller underband or tighten the hook and eye closure.
It sits parallel or is slightly V-shaped on the back.
My breasts spill out of the cups or the center panal lifts off.
Why? The cup size may be too small.
Quick fix: Try a bigger cup size.
There are gaps between my breasts and the cups or the center panal digs in.
Why? The cup size may be too big.
Quick fix: Try a smaller cup size or another bra style that may suit you better.
My breats sit comfortably in the cups and the center panel lies flat against my skin.
THE FINAL CHECK
The straps still fall of shoulder.
Why? Your shoulders may be narrow or sloping.
Quick fix: Try bras that have convertible racerback straps.
The bra slides up my breats.
Why? The underband size is too big.
Quick fix: Try to decrease one underband size while increasing one cup size.
There are red marks on my skin.
Why? Your straps, cup or underband may be too small.
HINTS & TIPS
- COMFORT IS KEY - Make sure you feel comfortable when seated or when you move your arms up, down and around.
- LOOKS ARE IMPORTANT TOO - The apex of your breasts should sit mid-way between your shoulders and elbows. Uplifted breasts will make you look more youthful and give a slimming appearance.
- TRY BEFORE YOU BUY - Bra sizes run differently depending on the brand, you may have to try several styles and sizes on.
- USE THE HOOK THAT FITS - High quality bras that are well taken care of do not stretch drastically over wear and wash. Choose the hook placement that feels the best according to your correct bra size.
- ALWAYS FAVOUR THE BIGGER BREAST - Believe it or not, every woman has one breast that is slightly larger than the other. Don't try to squeeze the larger breast into a cup that is too small. You can buy a padded bra with removable "cupcakes" or push-up pads. Simple remove the padding from the larger side instead.